- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder and baking powder.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk.
- Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in buttermilk mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a heavy skillet or a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towels.
Make 6 to 7 fingers.
Serve with crisp French fries and your favorite dipping sauce