- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (hot Madras type)
- 5 cups corn, cut from cob or 5 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add onion and garlic to butter. Cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry powder, stirring to coat the onions well. Add corn, stir, and continue to cook.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut milk slowly to the cornstarch, stirring to prevent lumps. Add this mixture to the corn mixture, stirring well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Lower heat, and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. The coconut milk should be mostly absorbed.
- Serve warm.
Makes 4 to 6 servings