Curried Pork with Noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package fine noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Few drops of oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small purple onion, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup shredded cooked pork
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Drop noodles into a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water.
- Add a few drops of oil.
- Cook until noodles rise to the surface and are pliable, about 1 minute. Drain. Place on a large platter and toss with a little oil.
- Cover onion slices with water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain, blot dry.
- Cut onion slices in half.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Place wok over low heat.
- Add curry powder and stir constantly until curry is slightly browned and pungent.
- Pour in broth and stir to blend. Turn heat to high.
- Add onion slices, and shredded pork. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in ketchup mix. Add tomato wedges. Stir until heated.
- Spoon over noodles
Makes four servings