- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- In an heavy skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, five or six at a time, into oil.
- Fry until browned, about 1-2 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Roll warm doughnut holes in confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar or you can serve them without any sugar coating
Makes about 3 dozen.