- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (1.2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 package (12 ounces) Semi-Sweet Chocolate morsels
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat sugar, milk and butter in large heavy saucepan on medium heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil on medium heat 5 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234⁰ F., stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate morsels gradually until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into greased 9-inch square or 13×9-inch pan. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares. Store in airtight container.
Makes 3 pounds
For a great gift put fudge squares in plastic wrap closed with a bow and place in gift box