• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1 stick of butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup ice cold water
• 1 beaten egg for brushing the empanadas
1. Mix the flour and salt in the processor.
2. Add butter, egg and cold water to the flour mixture. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap dough with plastic. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Roll the dough on a lightly floured work surface into a thin sheet and cut out discs using a large biscuit cutter.
5. Brush the edges of the empanada discs with the beaten egg to help better seal them.
6. Fold the empanada discs and seal the edges with a fork or your fingers. Brush the top of the empanadas with the rest of the beaten egg. Chill the empanadas for about 20 minutes.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 400⁰ F and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.