- 4 green onions, finely minced (white parts only, but chop tops and reserve for garnish if desired)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a saucepan, sauté the onions and ginger in peanut oil until aromatic (a few minutes).
- Add corn, stock, wine, soy sauce and pepper; simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in chicken and sesame oil, and bring just to a simmer.
- Pour the egg slowly into the pan in a thin stream, stirring lightly with a fork to form strands.
- Garnish with onion tops and serve hot.
Makes 4 -6 servings