- ¼ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 – 6 ounce cans crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed and flaked
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- Mix mayonnaise and egg in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except oil and dry breadcrumbs. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Coat each patty with dry bread crumbs. Cook in oil over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and hot center. Reduce heat if crab cakes become brown to quickly.