- 8 ounce package medium wide noodles
- Salted water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- Cook noodles in a large kettle of boiling salted water until al dente (follow package directions, drain well
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a wide frying pan (or chafing dish if you plan to assemble this at the table) over high heat until butter is lightly browned.
- Add ½ cup of the cream and boil rapidly until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium, add noodles and mix gently.
- Add half the cheese and ½ cup of remaining cream.
- Lift and mix pasta gently.
- Repeat with remaining cheese and cream mix again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and generously sprinkle with nutmeg.