Five Bean Side Dish
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoons pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounce) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients; ketchup, onions, green pepper, sweet red pepper, water, Brown sugar, Bay leaves, cider vinegar, mustard, and pepper.
- Stir in the beans and peas.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until onions and peppers are tender.
- Discard Bay leaves.