- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon all – purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 – inch pastry shell
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, flour, and salt. In a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour filling into unbaked pastry shell, and top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Makes one 9 inch pie