Crock Pot Cooking
French Dip Roast Beef Sandwich
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 – 4 peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 3 pounds boneless beef bottom roast
- Slice the onion into 1/4 inch rings and layer the bottom of the crockpot.
- Trim the roast of visible fat, then salt both sides of the roast. Place on top of the onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, pouring the broth and soy sauce over the beef. If the roast isn’t covered, add enough water to almost cover the meat in liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 – 6 hours. Remove the meat from the liquid. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Serve the meat in a sandwich with a small cup of the au jus to the side.