Makes 3 cups
- 2 Tablespoons water Boiling
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 cups halved and pitted red sweet cherries
- ⅓ cup red sweet pepper, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons boiling water and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Set aside 5 minutes for crushed red peppers to soften.
- Stir in cherries, red sweet peppers, red onion, lime juice, sugar and salt.
- Toss mixture and let stand for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in cilantro right before serving.