- 10 medium oranges
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 medium)
- Orange slices (optional)
- Carefully remove rind from 2 oranges using a vegetable peeler, discard white pith. Cut rind into 1x¼ inch-thick strips. Cut peeled oranges in half: use a citrus reamer to squeeze juice from orange halves. Repeat with remaining oranges until juice measures 2 ⅔cups.
- Combine 2 ½ cups water and sugar in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Add strips to pan. Reduce heat: simmer for 5 minutes. Strain mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid: discard solids. Cool completely.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice to sugar mixture, stir well. Pour mixture into the freezer can of tabletop ice cream freezer: freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired.