- Grade A Large eggs, number of eggs depends on how many you plan to serve
- Fresh bell pepper – your choice of color
- Bacon grease, coconut oil, or the fat of your choice
- Salsa, grated raw cheese, crumbled bacon (optional)
- Wash and remove seeds and membrane from peppers and cut into 1/3 inch wide rings.
- In a heavy skillet over medium low heat melt your bacon grease and coconut oil.
- After the fat melts, put your bell pepper rings flat in the pan.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes, then flip.
- Crack eggs open into your cooking bell pepper rings.
- If whites leak under the bottom of your rings press down on the rings with a spatula to minimize spread and help the eggs set.
- Allow eggs to cook until the egg whites have set.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or a plate to trap the heat in and allow the egg yolk to firm up. (This makes it so I don’t have to flip an egg to get a yolk cooked medium or hard.)
- Remove eggs from skillet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Move to a warm plate.
Top with salsa, cheese, and crumbled bacon, if desired.