If you’ve ever been to Hawaii and enjoyed lunch from the “Shrimp Trucks” on Oahu’s north shore, this recipe should take you right back to the Aloha state.
- 10 – U15 (under 15 shrimp per pound) raw deveined shrimp
- 10 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- ½ cup plus two tablespoons clarified butter.
- salt to taste
- ⅛ cup white wine
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Dredge for Shrimp
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook rice per directions on package
- In a medium bowl combine flour, paprika and cyan pepper, whisk to mix completely and dredge shrimp making sure to coat shrimp completely.
- Heat ½ cup clarified butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add garlic cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add shrimp and kosher salt to taste.
- Cook shrimp 3 minutes then turn and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add white wine and remaining clarified butter.
- Cook until garlic browns
- Remove shrimp and serve with sticky rice and lemon wedge.