- 2 1⁄2 lbs. round steaks, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 4 ounces fresh button mushrooms rinsed and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup ginger ale
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with foil.
- Place meat in bottom of pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms
- Mix soup, dry soup mix, and ginger ale together in a small bowl.
- Pour soup mixture over meat and sliced mushrooms.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 hours, or until meat is tender and cooked through. (Cooking the meat on such a low heat for a long period of time helps make it tender and fall apart).
- You can also make this in the crockpot — just mix all the ingredients, pour in the crockpot, and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is tender depending on your individual crockpot’s cooking time.
Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles