- 3 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 halved lemon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Peel, core, and cut apples into ½ inch thick slices.
- Rub with lemon and squeeze some lemon juice over apples to prevent browning.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt with ¼ cup water
- In a 12-inch heavy skillet, heat butter over high heat until foam subsides.
- Add apples and fry until golden on 1 side. Carefully flip and cook 4 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Add sauce and cook, uncovered 3-5 minutes until reduced to a glaze.