- 1 quart canola oil
- 2 ½ cups corn freshly cut from the cob or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup gluten free masa harina (corn flour)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds mixed with ¼ cup water
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oil to 360⁰ in a deep fryer or a deep pan using a thermometer
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients until a thick batter forms, about 1 minute.
- Drop by the tablespoonful into the preheated oil and allow to cook about 3 minutes, until they turn a deep golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel to catch excess oil.
Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce