Do you enjoy oatmeal for breakfast but don’t have the time to cook it? Try these delicious Breakfast Cups and enjoy oatmeal anytime you want. Just take a Breakfast Cup out of the freezer and pop it into the microwave oven (depending on your microwave) for 2 to 3 minutes
Gluten Free Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 7 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Add water and salt to a medium sized pot, bring to a rolling boil.
- Add oats, reduce heat to a simmer and cook oats for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add syrup and cinnamon.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While cooked oats are resting, lightly grease 21 cups of two 12 cup muffin tins.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top with cooked oats.
- Place each filled muffin tin in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours or until completely frozen. Make sure the tins are kept level while freezing.
- Remove frozen oatmeal breakfast cups and store in plastic freezer bags.
When ready to serve remove from freezer and pop into your microwave oven (depending on your oven) for 2 to 3 minutes.
We used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Steel Cut Oats. Click Here