- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives; drained and halved (reserve brine)
- 1 tablespoon brine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box gluten free pasta
- Heat olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté until garlic is softened, but not browned.
- Add capers and olives, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add brine and tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
- Cook the gluten free pasta according to package directions.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and add the fresh basil. Toss with the cooked gluten free pasta and serve
Makes 4 servings