- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten free vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free flour blend.– make 2 ¾ cups flour blend – Click on Gluten Free Conversion Chart for flour blend recipe or purchase gluten free premixed flour — reserve ½ cup for flouring work surface when rolling out dough.
- Combine sugar and butter – Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla, continue beating, scraping bowl often until completely mixed.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and salt, beating until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm – approx. 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- Roll out onto gluten free floured surface.
- Use cookie cutter to cut dough into desired cookie shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 8 – 12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool then decorate.
Happy Valentine’s Day