Look Alike Recipes
Godfather’s Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza
- 1 package (.25 ounce size) rapid-rise active yeast
- 1 cup warm water, between 105-115 degrees F
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound cooked Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounce size) diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In the mixing bowl add the warm water, yeast and sugar, stir with a whisk. Add 2 cups of the flour, salt, cornmeal and olive oil. Use the paddle and mix on speed 2 for 2 minutes.
- Put on the dough hook and add the remaining flour. Knead on speed 2 until the dough clings to the hook, and then knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes longer. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise for 1 hour.
- With oiled fingers press the dough into a deep-dish pizza pan.
- Cover the dough with the mozzarella, and then top with the sausage. Place the tomatoes over the sausage. Top with the basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 500⁰ F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350⁰ F and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is brown.