This recipe came from Daphne Oz of the “The Chew”. We served it as a side dish at Thanksgiving dinner and received rave reviews from our guests.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- One head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley, chopped, to garnish
- When chopping the cauliflower and shallots try to chop all ingredients to the same size.
- Place the pine nuts in a large sauté pan. Turn heat to medium and toast pine nuts, stirring frequently, until all of the nuts are a light Golden color (about four minutes). Return the nuts to a dish and set aside
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the sauté pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Once hot add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. When the Cauliflower begins to brown, give a stir and add the shallots. Continue to sauté the Cauliflower until Golden Brown and cooked through (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the currants, red wine vinegar, and honey and reserved toasted pine nuts. Cook for two more minutes, finish with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve