• 1/2 cup diced bacon
• 1/4 cup celery, chopped
• 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cups water
• 3 cups cream-style corn
• 2 teaspoons salt
• Ground black pepper to taste
• 2 cups half-and-half
1. Place the bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat, and cook until crisp.
2. Drain and crumble, reserving about 2 tablespoons drippings in the pot.
3. Mix potatoes, celery and onion into the pot with the crumbled bacon and reserved drippings. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the water, and stir in corn. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pot.
5. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes and celery are tender.
6. Warm the half-and-half in a small saucepan until it bubbles.
7. Remove from heat before it boils, and mix into the chowder just before serving.