- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic (for each steak)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Small amount of sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a shallow 9 x 13 inch glass dish, prepare all of the marinade ingredients.
- Remember, if you have more than 2 – 6 ounce tuna steaks, you might need to adjust the ingredients to marinate.
- Marinate both sides (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides). Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling. Soy sauce will overpower tuna if you marinate for too long!
- Grill for 4 minutes or less per side for 1 inch steaks, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. To turn the fish we used the Good Grips Fish Turner Click Here
If you prefer steaks to be rarer, grilling time should be 2 ½ minutes on each side.