- 1 Tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 3 – 6 ounce fillets of tilapia
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage
- 3 to 6 – 8inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 3 Tablespoons of scallions, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Kosher salt and cracked fresh pepper to taste
- To make the salsa, peel and chop 2 mangoes, dice ½ sweet onion, slice 3 tablespoons of scallions, dice ½ red bell pepper, deseed and chop 1 jalapeno, chop 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro and add the ingredient to a mixing bowl.
- Finish the salsa with the juice of 1 lime and salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the spice blend simply add all dry ingredients to one bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Season the tilapia on both sides using the spice blend
- In a hot skillet add the olive oil and pan sear the tilapia on both sides until golden brown and finished throughout.
- Remove from skillet and rough cut the cooked fillets set aside.
- Heat tortillas in the microware on high between 20 to 30 seconds
- Fill tortillas with rough cut tilapia fillets, shredded white cheddar cheese, shredded cabbage and fresh salsa.