- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 (2 to 3 lb.) boneless pork loin roast, butterflied
- Combine butter, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 3 tablespoons cilantro, parsley, and white pepper. Place the butter mixture on wax paper, and shape into a log 1 inch in diameter. Chill 8 hours.
- Combine oil, ¼ cup lime juice, ¼ cup cilantro, gingerroot, and lime rind in a small bowl, blending well. Set aside.
- Place pork between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten until even, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut small slits on both sides of pork.
- Place in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Pour marinade over pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours.
- Grill pork 5 inches from medium coals 10 to 15 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting frequently with marinade. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with cilantro butter.