- 8 slices seedless watermelon, wedges, 1. 5 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
How to get your watermelon wedges:
- Cut the watermelon in half, place cut side down on the table, then cut into slices, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut each slice in half, creating two wedges (if your melon is really big, you may need to cut each slice into three wedges). You can leave the rind on or cut it off, totally up to you. We use the Ontario Knife Co. Watermelon Knife Click Here
- Lightly sprinkle the wedges on both sides with the salt. Stand the wedges on their edges on a rack over a sink or pan and let them drain for half an hour.
- After the watermelon has drained, rinse each piece under cold running water. Place each piece between two folded paper towels and gently but firmly press to remove excess water. You should stop just when you feel the watermelon begin to crunch.
Grilling the Watermelon Wedges
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Brush the watermelon lightly on both sides with the olive oil. Grill over high heat until grill marks have formed and the melon is slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with sea salt and a little fresh ground pepper.
Serve as a side dish at your next BBQ