- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 ¼ ounces packaged cheddar and bacon potatoes
- 15 ¼ ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 10 ¾ ounce can condensed cream of potato or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 4 ounce can diced green chilies,
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir often, until the beef is browned and crumbly. Drain off excess fat.
- Scatter the dried potatoes over the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle on the corn.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soup with the sauce mix packet from the potatoes, the water, and sherry until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the roasted red peppers and green chilies.
- Drizzle about 1/3 of soup mixture over the corn and potatoes. Do not mix.
- Top with the cooked beef and onion.
- Pour the remaining soup mixture evenly over the top. Do not mix.
- Cover and cook on the low setting 4 to 4 ½ hours or until the potatoes are tender.
Serve at once.