Crock Pot Cooking
Gulf Coast jambalaya
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Place the chicken, kielbasa, chicken stock, green pepper, sweet onion, celery, cloves, Creole seasoning, and seafood seasoning, in a 5 quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, and on low for 3 – 4 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and Rice. Cook, covered, 15 – 20 minutes longer or until shrimp turns pink and Rice is tender.
- The following spices may be substituted for the Creole seasoning: 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and a pinch of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.