If you’re a brat lover you have to try these great game day munchies. These brat sliders were submitted by Carol Mitchell
Half Time Brat Sliders
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 lb. of your favorite uncooked Bratwurst, castings removes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 16 small burger buns, toasted
- 2 cups cheddar and sour cream potato chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain, reserve drippings.
- Cook bratwurst and onion in drippings over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in the cream cheese, beer, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncover, for 8 – 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon. Spoon ¼ cup onto each roll; sprinkle with chips. Replace tops.