- ¾ cup chopped ham
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs; sage, thyme, oregano or chervil leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine ham, onions, cheese and dried parsley in bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Add 2 cups buttermilk baking mix, blending well.
- Add ham mixture, stirring until mixed. Then add remaining 1 cup baking mix, stirring until blended.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead about 10 times or until dough holds together.
- Roll out dough, about ¾ inch thick. Cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter. Gather scraps together. Roll out and cut remaining dough into biscuits.
- Place biscuits on greased baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake at 425⁰ for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve at once.