- Flour, for sprinkling
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 3 heaping teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 9 slices good-quality ham
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry until it’s thin and about 15 inches wide.
- Spread the mustard liberally across the top of the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Top with the ham slices, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Starting with the end closest to you, carefully roll the puff pastry up over the ham and cheese to create a pinwheel.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least half an hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray or rub with oil.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the pinwheels, and slice with a serrated knife into 1/4-inch slices. Place each slice on its side on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden.