- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds small rainbow carrots, scrubbed, tops trimmed to about 1/2 inch, halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk garlic, oil, Maple syrup, and harissa paste and cumin seeds in a small bowl; season garlic mixture with salt and pepper.
- Toss carrots and lemon with garlic mixture in a large roasting pan to coat completely; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are tender and lemons are caramelized, 35 to 40 minutes.
Tips: carrots can be roast several hours ahead of time. Let cool; cover and refrigerate. When ready to use bring to room temperature or receipt slightly before serving.