- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 rabbit (2-1/2 pound), skinned, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large nonmetallic bowl, combine onion, vinegar, water and seasonings.
- Add rabbit pieces; cover and refrigerate for 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat; strain and reserve marinade.
- Dry meat well; coat lightly with flour.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; brown meat well.
- Gradually add 2 to 2-1/2 cups reserved marinade.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat to a warm platter.
- Add sour cream to pan juices; stir just until heated through. Spoon over rabbit.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with dumplings, egg noodles, spaetzle, polenta or rice.
If your not a hunter and are looking for rabbit you might want to try Air Chilled Whole Rabbit Click Here