Recipes for Hasselback potatoes are too numerous to count, you are limited only by your imagination. You can use sweet potatoes white potatoes Yukon gold potatoes red potatoes it really doesn’t matter. You can serve them with butter, sour cream, bacon, chives, it up to you. Hasselback’s are crisp on the outside with tender insides and simply delicious.
- 8 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Thyme sprigs for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil
- place potatoes in a large serving spoon, and cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slits into potatoes, being careful not to cut all the way through (potatoes should remain intact at least 1/4 inch from bottom). Gently fan-out potato slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, thyme, Rosemary and salt. Rub butter mixture on potatoes, then place potatoes on prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown.
Garnish with thyme, if desired
To ensure that you do not sliced through the potatoes you can place potato in a large serving spoon or lay something like chopsticks on each side of the potato. Be sure to stop cutting when knife blade comes in contact with whatever you use as a stop.
Carefully opened the potato slices to allow seasonings to seep down inside the potato