Submitted by Stacie
- 1 lb. cooked shredded chicken (pulled rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 tbsp. light extra virgin olive oil 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. organic chicken broth
- 1 can organic refried beans
- whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 packages shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat large skillet with olive oil.
- Add onion, jalapeno, and garlic and cook until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, and chicken broth in a medium pot and warm refried beans in a small pot.
- Add chicken, chili powder, parsley, oregano, black pepper, and water to skillet.
- Cover, bring to a boil and reduce to low heat to simmer.
- Fill tortillas with refried beans, chicken mixture, cheese, and one large spoonful of sauce and line 9 x 13 pan until full (7-8 enchiladas).
- Pour remaining sauce mix over all enchiladas, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and line each with sliced olives (in order to tell where to separate after baking).
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 min., let cool for 5, and enjoy!
Healthier Chicken Enchiladas