- 2 medium sized red beets
- 2 medium sized golden beets
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400⁰ F.
- Trim roots and stems from beets. Pierce beets with a fork, and wrap in foil. Bake at 400⁰ for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel beets and cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl combine chives, tarragon, shallots, capers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard stirring with a whisk.
- Combine cherry tomatoes and about 5 teaspoons mustard mixture; toss to coat.
- Divide sliced beets and sliced tomatoes evenly among 6 plates. Drizzle each serving with about 3 teaspoons remaining mustard mixture.
- Top each serving evenly with cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese
When beets are completely baked skin should just rub off. When peeling beets wear throw away rubber gloves – beets can stain.