- 7 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 slices lemon peel (cut with a vegetable peeler or paring knife)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inch)
- In 6-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, place all ingredients.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cook uncovered 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat; discard lemon peel and cinnamon sticks.
- Let apple mixture cool slightly, about 10 minutes; puree in a food processor or blender. If you prefer a chunker applesauce use a potato masher to mash the apple mixture.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4 ounce Jelly jars work great to use for gifts Click Here