- 10 lbs. tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- Salt to taste
- Add 1/2 cup of olive oil and clove of garlic to cooking pot. Start simmer on low temperature.
- Add tomatoes.
To prepare tomatoes
- Option 1 – Drop tomatoes into boiling water for 1/2 minute or 30 seconds. Remove and peel skin. Place the peeled tomatoes into your cooking pot and crush.
- Option 2 – If you have a blender or bullet mixer you do not need to peel or boil the tomatoes. Remove core, cut the tomatoes in half and blend. Add the mixture to your cooking pot.
- Add basil, oregano and salt. Simmer for 3-4 hours.
For meat sauce add cooked lean ground beef.