- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 12-ounce package Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a wire mesh strainer over a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour contents of saucepan into strainer.
- Mash cranberries with the back of a spoon, frequently scraping the outside of the strainer, until no pulp is left.
- Stir contents of bowl.
- Pour into serving container.
- Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 1 cup.