- 1 cup vermicelli, broken into half inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powered
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken or beef bouillon cubes
- In medium skillet sauté vermicelli in butter, stirring constantly, until the pasta begins to brown.
- Add rice, stirring until the rice is well coated with the butter and the pasta browns a little more.
- Carefully pour in broth and water. Stir.
- Add in the spices and bouillon cubes. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Should take about 20-25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 large servings