Look Alike Recipes
Hooter’s Fried Pickles
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar hamburger dill pickle chips
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Favorite ranch dressing for dipping
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a large pot.
- Cover a platter with a few layers of paper towels. Drain the pickles in a colander.
- Place the pickles in a medium bowl and cover with the buttermilk.
- Stir the flours, salt, paprika, and cayenne together in another bowl; mix well.
- Take a handful of the pickles out of the buttermilk and dredge in the seasoned flour.
- Shake off the excess flour and place the coated pickles in the hot grease.
- Be careful not to place too many pickles into the hot grease, or the pickles won’t fry up crisp.
- Fry the pickles until golden brown.
- Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and put them on the paper towels to drain.
- Continue frying pickles until all are done.
Serve with your favorite ranch dressing for dipping