- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes or russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 1 1/3 cups (or more) whole milk
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup prepared white horseradish
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot.
- While potatoes are cooking, bring 1 1/3 cups milk and garlic to boil in large saucepan.
- Add milk mixture and horseradish to potatoes.
- Using potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Add butter; stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
The potency of prepared horseradish can vary greatly, so adjust the quantity to taste, if needed.