- 6 oz. (12 Tbs.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 1-1/2 quarts apple cider
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups gold rum, such as Bacardi Gold; more to taste
- 8 to 10 long cinnamon sticks
- whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash the butter, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt together with a fork.
- Bring the apple cider to a simmer in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour 3 Tbs. of rum into each of 8 to 10 Irish coffee mugs (or similar).
- Distribute the cider among the mugs (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup each). Stir about 1 Tbs. of the spiced butter into each (there will be extra) and add a cinnamon stick.
- Dollop with whipped cream, if using, and serve.
To keep drinks hot we use Double Walled Insulated Glass Mugs Click Here