If you’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and would like to serve, or have a green beer you’ll want to give this Green Beer recipe a try. You can change the food color for different occasions. Red for St. Valentine’s Day or blue for the 4th of July. Let your imagination go wild and have some fun. Please remember to drink responsibly.
How to make Green Beer
- 1 – 12oz. Beer – any beer will do although lighter colored beers will display the green better
- Green food coloring – 2 to 3 drops
- Add 2 to 3 drops of green food coloring into the bottom of a frosty glass or mug.
- Then gently pour your beer into the glass or mug.
- If you add the coloring after you have poured your beer it will still work but you might have to stir it to even out the color.
Tip: When trying to make a dark, red or amber beer green you will have to add more coloring. Start with 3-5 drops then add more if needed.