- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups of your favorite ice cream i.e.; vanilla New York cherry, peppermint chip, softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Spray paper.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until very light yellow. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Fold flour mixture into egg mixture until no lumps remain. Pour into prepared pan, spreading level. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Dust a clean kitchen towel with 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar. Turn cake out onto towel. Roll up towel and cake from short end; cool completely.
- Unroll; spread with softened ice cream to within 1 inch of edges. Reroll cake without towel. Use remaining confectioners’ sugar to dust rolled cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. If frozen overnight, let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
To serve, carefully remove wrapping and cut into slices.
We used a non-stick jelly roll pan by Chicago Metallic Click Here