- 4 regular tea bags (orange pekoe or green tea or a combination)
- 2 cups fresh cold water
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Granulated sugar or other sweetener such as Simple Syrup
- Unwrap (if necessary) and carefully pull off any paper tags and tiny metal staples attached to the strings of the tea bags; tie the strings together and place the bags in a heat-proof 2-quart pitcher.
- Bring 2 cups cold water (always start with fresh cold water) to a rapid boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour over the tea bags. Steep tea for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Fill the pitcher with enough water to equal 2-quarts. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled before serving. (Or to serve iced tea immediately, add a dozen or so ice cubes to tea concentrate then fill with water to the 2-quart level.)
- To serve, pour tea over a generous amount of ice cubes in a tall glass, stirring in desired sweetening and a squeeze of lemon, as desired. We serve with an 8.8 inch Long Handled Bistro Spoon Click Here
- Garnish with a lemon slice
Makes 2 quarts or 8 (1 cup) servings.