- 64 ounces favorite lager beer
- 25 ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 pounds peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 6 ounces water
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese sauce
- Add the beer, chicken stock, onion powder and white pepper to a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture to the soup and reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese, one handful at a time
- Turn off heat and whisk in the cheese sauce.